Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sus Stamps Meetup Group

After years of complaining about evites and months of debating whether the cost was worth it to create a meetup group, I wound up deciding to just try it for a month and see if it was as good as I hoped it would be. Turns out, becuase I already organize another meetup group, I can have up to 3 included in the price, so my Stamp Camp meetup is free! It's not quite everything I want, but it's so much better than what I was using before.

Meetup offers me the ability to post my upcoming stamp camps as far in advance as I'd like, with an automatic cap on the rsvp's that I can set. I can also set it up to have stampers pay their fee in order to RSVP, if I choose. That would cut down on no shows, not that there are many, but it does happen occasionally.
The meetup site also offers message boards so that stampers can chat and even those who stamp at home could trade/sell stamps and supplies if they wanted. The only downside is that it does require members to sign up to join, however I think that this gives the committed stampers the edge.

Feel free to share the meetup with you friends, the link should be on the right!

No comments: