Thursday, October 9, 2008

October Cards

I have been working off and on all month on Octobers cards and finally am (almost) done! We're doing a mix of Halloween cards with some general cards.

I am trying a few new things this month. First I bought new cards that are ready made and come in a variety of vibrant colors but are white inside. This eliminates the problem of trying to write inside of a dark card. Of course the color range is not as varied as making my own cards, so they won't be gone completely, but the new cards are certainly more convenient.

I've also spent the month going to new stamp shops and getting a variety of fun new stamps, including some acrylics to try out. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the acrylic stamps yet or not - it's great to see right where you are stamping, but they don't seem to pick up or hold the ink as well as the rubber stamps...let me know what you think.

Here are the first 8 of Octobers cards. I have 1 more to come and then I am going to do a project - i'll get those pictures posted today when I finish them.
For the kids camp, we will be doing the frankenstein card, the ipod card, and a special project for them as well - all for $5 per child.

**All cards and projects are posted as of 10/10!

1 comment:

shan said...

Nice job, Susannah! The cards look great!! Can't wait...